I am an unlucky traveler, and unfortunately not just because of this weekend’s events.
Our trip to Albuquerque started with a meltdown (tears and all) when we dropped Lily off at the kennel. And it didn’t get better from there. On our flight from Columbus to Chicago, a man on our flight had a heart attack and we made an emergency landing in Indianapolis. (The man is okay, Southwest says — how scary!). We then missed our connecting flight in Chicago to go to Albuquerque. Instead, we sat in Chicago for 3 hours to then go to Kansas City and then lastly, to Albuquerque. Columbus to Chicago to Kansas City to Albuquerque — one emergency landing, one missed connection, 2 unplanned and long lay-overs, and a partridge in a pear tree.
weekend Saturday was great…we went on a gorgeous hike, ate some great, healthy food, and enjoyed the company of friends. Yesterday morning awoke me with a call from Southwest letting me know our departing flight had been canceled. Just fabulous…not like I don’t have rounds with the doctor this morning! And then everything going into Midway was canceled. Southwest could get us on a flight coming home on TUESDAY. Yeah, that wasn’t an option.
About 2 hours of being on hold and internet itinerary searching later, we found a flight going from Albuquerque to Houston to Columbus. We got it and it left on time (hallelujah!), getting us in to Columbus just after midnight and to our house at nearly 1am. Ew, ew, ew. I am an unlucky traveler I tell you. My Facebook status was no lie, we were at nearly every airport between New Mexico and Texan and Ohio and Missouri in a 60 hour time frame.
Ugh. Happy Monday.
As we near the close of 2010, I urge all of you bloggers to check out the top search terms leading web browserts to your blog this year. It’s a blast. And I need a little humor in my life right about now.
My Favorite 2010 Search Engine Terms:
- Thank you to 1,300+ people who searched for “Prevention RD” — I am truly flattered. Thank you!
- To the 47 individuals searching for “vodka sauce and pregnancy” — it’s okay to eat vodka sauce while pregnant. Worry warts! Even though that post had nothing to do with vodka sauce and pregnancy together 🙂
- 72 people searched for “OIAJ” (AKA oats in a jar). I still think it’s silly and potentially unsafe. But hey, to each their own.
- 34 booze hounds wants to know more about “beer margaritas” and I hope they tried them – YUM! I have limeade, beer, and tequila all on hand. Dangerous that I am now realizing this. At not even 6am…
- 17 people after my own heart wanted a “healthy blooming onion“…they came to the right place
- 614 search engine users want to know “is 5 hour energy safe?” and Mr. P’s post probably lead them astray. Oops.
- 114 people wanted to know how to make “crock pot Greek yogurt” — hope the tried it! Thumbs up!
- There were 15 people using the search terms “pile of dirt” and my garden-building experience lead them to me
- To the 11 people who searched the term “sweaty” and got my site — I sweat a lot, yep. I sweat like a man. No shame.
Question: How was your weekend? 🙂 What’s the funniest search term that’s lead to your blog or lead you to another blog/site this year?
T-9 hours until I can pick up my Lily Monster!!! We’re cuddling ALL night long in this snowy, cold mess!